New Moon Energy
The new moon is a time of new beginnings, a time when you plant the seeds you wish to harvest over the next month. Yet, do not neglect to let go of what no longer serves before you plant those seeds. It does no good to plant seeds in a barren desert. So the night before each new moon, in the dark of the moon, I like to hold a release ceremony. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do you need to release before moving forward with this new moon cycle?
- What patterns have you been holding on to that no longer serve?
Once you have let go of the old, it’s time to set your intentions for this moon cycle. I do this on the night of the New Moon. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do I wish to create over the next month (from New Moon to New Moon)?
- What do I need to allow my creations to come into light?
New Moon in Leo
The lion: “I am fierce. I am courageous. Hear me roar!” When I think of Leo, I think of Katy Perry’s song, “Firework.” (If you’re not a Leo, but are trying to play off of Leo’s courage; in that case I recommend Katy Perry’s “Roar!”) Leo is a fire sign. Leos are the flamboyant ones of the zodiac group. They like to show off and be noticed. They light up any room they walk into as you can feel the energy rippling off of them. Because of this, their motivation is off the charts and they tend to succeed at whatever they put their minds to. The downside is that sometimes Leos appear prideful or egotistic because they believe in themselves and don’t care what you think, thank you very much! Fortunately, Leos are also known for their generous and expressive nature, so shine your light on those around you so that all can benefit during this New Moon window.
What does this mean for working with the New Moon energy? You can add the energy of Leo to your New Moon reflections by asking yourself the following reflective questions:
- What is my relationship to my fiery side? Have I been reining in my passions? If so, why?
- What do I think about people who live in the “limelight?” How might my response be my shadow-self talking or my ego?
- Where have I been hiding my light? Not shining? Not allowing myself to find and express my true potential?
- Where has pride or ego gotten in my way and prevented me from living my Soul’s Purpose?
- How does my creativity want to be expressed right now? What wants to be created/birthed through me?
Enjoy working with the New Moon energy in Leo! It should be a spark-filled, creative time for all of us.