Ah, the lazy, hazy days of summer. Summer has always been considered the most fertile time of the year and for good reason. After the Spring rains, the heat of the summer nourishes the plants and makes them grow. The succulent strawberries are in full bloom in my garden and my snap peas are starting to dry on the vine. I love summer!
From a Goddess perspective, summer is the time of birth, the time when the seeds you planted in the Spring are ready to harvest. As we enter the second half of the year, it's time to re-evaluate your priorities and take another look at where you are now v. where you wanted to be.
Some questions to ponder include:
- Are there any projects I started earlier this year that I still haven't finished? If so, are they still a priority? If not, let them go. If they are, then schedule time in your calendar right now to get them done.
- What are my goals for the rest of the year? How can I achieve those goals? What do I need in order to accomplish them? What can I take off my plate to allow time to bring them into fruition?
- Is there a particular area in my life where I need to focus more of my time and energy right now? How can I make that happen?
- What have I accomplished so far this year? Celebrate it!
- What am I grateful for this year? How can I best show my gratitude to those people or things?
- Where do I want to be one year from today? What's one step I can take today to head in that direction?
I hope you find this mid-year check-in helpful. If you are having trouble answering these questions, call on July’s featured Goddess, Aine. As a fertility goddess, she helps women not only give birth to children, but also to ideas and projects. She also helps you focus when you are struggling to bring a goal to fruition.