One year ago today I was ‘celebrating’ my 18th wedding anniversary knowing it would be my last. The divorce papers had been filed; I had selected a new home and was waiting to close. All that remained was time. Time for the courts to sign off on the divorce; time for me to move and start my new life. Time for me to be free again.
And then it happened and the ground fell out from underneath me. I would spend the next 6 months single, immobilized with a broken heel, and lonely – in a depression I had never felt before and didn’t know I was capable of experiencing.
So I painted, journaled, talked to friends, saw a therapist, and started the long, slow process of healing and rebuilding my life. It wasn’t that I missed my ex or that I wanted him back – I never did. It was that I realized that in my 21 years with my ex, somewhere along the way, I had lost myself. And finding me again was a journey I didn’t know I was about to embark upon one year ago.
But what a journey it has been. And I am so grateful that every single one of you has been here with me.
When I finally started to come out of my depression in late November of 2013, I decided to make a list of everything I wanted to experience in 2014. So what has happened in the past year? How have I done on my list? Let me give you the highlight reel.
I declared the following in January 2014:
In 2014, I Choose to Attract in My Life:
- A man that loves, honors, and respects me for who I am – Check (per your request, here's our photo!)
- Self-love in abundance in all its forms – a work in progress, but I’ve made and continue to make significant strides. And I had to do this before I could begin to tackle #1 on this list.
- Healthy relationships that allow me to be me – Check, check, and triple check – I’ve stopped having relationships with people who don’t. And, similar to #2 – this came first.
- My ability to own my truth and walk in my power – Check
- A healed heel, heart, body, mind, and spirit – Ah, a big yes on all four!
- A feeling of wholeness and completeness just as I am – Yep. I need nothing and no one to complete me. I am whole, healthy, and happy being me. It wasn’t until I firmly embraced this that I met a man I could actually picture a future with. You see, I was raised believing that I needed a man to complete me – not true. I am complete and whole in and of myself. My man is an added bonus! J
- Abundance in its many forms for the good of all – I continue to give gratitude each day for all I have, all I am, and all I am becoming.
- Good friends, fun, and a solid foundation from which to draw and grow – Yep. I have some truly amazing women and men in my life. They call me on my shit and challenge me to grow.
- A cup that continually runneth over as I make and take time to recharge, renew, reinvigorate, and rest – still working on this one. Working much less than I was before. Getting enough sleep is still a struggle for me though.
- A deeper connection to Goddess, God, my Inner Goddess, Intuition, Muse, and Guides – daily prayer and meditation help with this
- The best way to get my message out to as many women as possible – love my ecourses and you seem to as well! Thanks for all of your feedback!
- The head-over-heels, madly-in-love kind of happiness – Yep. Pretty much happier than I’ve ever been.
- Three book deals and a good agent – right now I’ve got one book in the works with several of the Modern Day Goddesses featured on this site and a rock star publisher in Inspired Living Publishing. The rest will come…
- A vacation and a way to pay for it easily and effortlessly – Haven’t taken a ‘big’ trip this year, but lots of smaller, fun excursions.
- Love – Yes, yes, and yes!
I Choose Love at all times, in all I do, with all people who cross my path. – Always.
How are you manifesting your 2014 intentions? How are you clearing the path for what you want in your life? Share with us below! 🙂