This is the third in a series of posts on working with Moon energy. Each New Moon and Full Moon, I will post suggestions for working with that archetype and harness the energy of the Moon's cycle.
Full Moon Energy
The full moon is the time of a birth, a time when the seeds you planted at the New Moon prior (approximately 2 weeks ago) come to fruition. So if you set goals and intentions at the New Moon, now is a great time to bring them out and evaluate your progress.
- What do you need to do between now and the next New Moon to birth your intentions?
- What needs to happen in your life for that to occur?
- What do you need to finish up?
- What do you need to let go of?
The Waning Time
The time between the New and Full Moons is considered the waning time. This is not the time to launch new programs, unless you began crafting them at the last New Moon. The waning time is a time where we go within and reflect – time to prepare for the next New Moon and what we want to put into place at that time. This is a perfect time for release ceremonies, getting introspective about your life, and letting go of what no longer works.
Full Moon in Capricorn
Capricorn is an earth sign and those born under this sign tend to be builders and leaders. They are goal-oriented and like having structure and rules, but also recognize when it's time for change. They are the ones born with an ‘old soul' who seem wise beyond their years.
So what does this mean for working with the Full Moon energy? You can add the energy of Capricorn to your Full Moon reflections by asking yourself the following:
- What structures in my life are working well for me right now? What structures need to be built to improve my life? What structures no longer serve that I need to let go of?
- How might I tune into the wise part of myself and ask for guidance?
- Where in my life can I step up and be a leader/mentor? Where should I let go and allow others to lead?
- What does Earth tell me about what needs to happen in my life right now?
Enjoy working with the Full Moon energy in Capricorn! It should be a profoundly insightful time for all of us.