New Moon Energy
The new moon is a time of new beginnings, a time when you plant the seeds you wish to harvest over the next month. Yet, do not neglect to let go of what no longer serves before you plant those seeds. It does no good to plant seeds in a barren desert. So the night before each new moon, in the dark of the moon, I like to hold a release ceremony. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do you need to release before moving forward with this new moon cycle?
- What patterns have you been holding on to that no longer serve?
Once you have let go of the old, it’s time to set your intentions for this moon cycle. I do this on the night of the New Moon. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do I wish to create over the next month (from New Moon to New Moon)?
- What do I need to allow my creations to come into light?
New Moon in Aquarius
Aquarians have the unique properties of being both inquisitive (Aquarius is an Air sign) and dreamers (more of a water energy). They love to explore new things, people, and places. As such, Aquarians are great at starting new things, finding new meaning/perspective to existing and new issues, and thinking outside of the box. They are creative and inventive and seem to have an innate ability to deal with the “technical stuff.”
You can add the energy of Aquarius to your New Moon reflections by asking yourself the following questions:
- What situation in my life would benefit from a perspective shift or a new way of thinking?
- What dream is calling me right now? What seeds do I want to plant in the New Year?
- How can I be more open to the possibilities?
- What doorways are being opened for me right now?
- How can I create a positive shift in my life?
Have fun working with Aquarius in your January reflections! It should be illuminating and a little mind-blowing. 🙂