New Moon Energy
The new moon is a time of new beginnings, a time when you plant the seeds you wish to harvest over the next month. Yet, do not neglect to let go of what no longer serves before you plant those seeds. It does no good to plant seeds in a barren desert. So the night before each new moon, in the dark of the moon, I like to hold a release ceremony. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do you need to release before moving forward with this new moon cycle?
- What patterns have you been holding on to that no longer serve?
Once you have let go of the old, it’s time to set your intentions for this moon cycle. I do this on the night of the New Moon. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do I wish to create over the next month (from New Moon to New Moon)?
- What do I need to allow my creations to come into light?
New Moon in Aries
Aries is a fire sign, so those born under this sign tend to be very passionate and can be known for their temper as they tend to be a bit impulsive and impatient. They are also quite verbally expressive – they don't tend to keep their emotions to themselves. This can be healthy, as long as you remember to be considerate of the person on the receiving end of this expressivity!
So what does this mean for working with the New Moon energy? You can add the energy of Aries to your New Moon reflections by asking yourself the following reflective questions:
- What is calling to be birthed/created in your life right now? How could this benefit from a little fire/passion in your life?
- What feels like it's come to an end and needs to be released?
- Where am I trying to force or rush things? How can I be more patient with myself and Universe while I wait for things to unfold?
- How have I been hiding my truth or my true feelings? What area(s) in my life might benefit from Aries' gifts of clarity and verbal expressivity?
Enjoy working with the New Moon energy in Aries! It should be an action-packed, fiery time for all of us.