New Moon Energy
The new moon is a time of new beginnings, a time when you plant the seeds you wish to harvest over the next month. Yet, do not neglect to let go of what no longer serves before you plant those seeds. It does no good to plant seeds in a barren desert. So the night before each new moon, in the dark of the moon, I like to hold a release ceremony. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do you need to release before moving forward with this new moon cycle?
- What patterns have you been holding on to that no longer serve?
Once you have let go of the old, it’s time to set your intentions for this moon cycle. I do this on the night of the New Moon. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do I wish to create over the next month (from New Moon to New Moon)?
- What do I need to allow my creations to come into light?
New Moon in Capricorn
Capricorns are logical and are also incredibly well-organized, orderly, and ambitious. They are the leaders and planners of the zodiac. So if you have goals you need to set or plans you need to make to attain those goals, now is the time!
So what does this mean for working with the New Moon energy? You can harness the energy of Capricorn for your New Moon reflections by asking yourself the following:
- What do you need to take responsibility for in your life and what do you need to let someone else take over?
- How can you feel more secure moving forward?
- What are you ready to take charge of? Where do you need to take action or get some direction?
- How can you better manage your time to accomplish your goals?
Enjoy working with the New Moon energy in Capricorn! It should be a potent time to gain clarity on your goals and what you need to do to make them happen!