This continues a series of posts on working with Moon energy. Each New Moon and Full Moon, I will post suggestions for working with that archetype and harness the energy of the Moon's cycle.
New Moon Energy
The new moon is a time of new beginnings, a time when you plant the seeds you wish to harvest over the next month. Yet, do not neglect to let go of what no longer serves before you plant those seeds. It does no good to plant seeds in a barren desert.
- What do you need to release before moving forward with this new moon cycle?
- What patterns have you been holding on to that no longer serve?
You may wish to hold a releasing ceremony before setting your intentions for the New Moon. Once you have let go of the old, it's time to set your intentions for this moon cycle.
- What do I wish to create over the next month (from New Moon to New Moon)?
- What do I need to allow my creations to come into light?
The Waxing Time
The time between the New and Full Moons is considered the waxing time. This is a perfect time to kick start a project you've been putting off, getting your ducks in a row, and get ready for growth. Your focus is sharp, your creativity is in overdrive, and your energy is boundless. Use it!
New Moon in Gemini
Aaahh…. the twins. Gemini is an air sign, and while those born under this sign may appear to be indecisive, in reality, they are just able to see all of the possibilities and thus sometimes are unable to narrow their focus to just one option. They are also fiercely independent and desire freedom to explore all of the potential outcomes they can see.
So what does this mean for working with the New Moon energy? You can add the energy of Gemini to your New Moon reflections by asking yourself the following reflective questions:
- Where have I felt stuck in my life that might benefit from viewing with a new lens?
- Where do I feel tied down, unable to fully express who I am? How might I alter this situation?
- What opportunities do I want to explore over the next month? Year?
- What aspects of myself have I been ignoring or suppressing that could use a little attention?
Enjoy working with the New Moon energy in Gemini! It should be a fun, explorative time for all of us.