New Moon Energy
The new moon is a time of new beginnings, a time when you plant the seeds you wish to harvest over the next month. Yet, do not neglect to let go of what no longer serves before you plant those seeds. It does no good to plant seeds in a barren desert. So the night before each new moon, in the dark of the moon, I like to hold a release ceremony. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do you need to release before moving forward with this new moon cycle?
- What patterns have you been holding on to that no longer serve?
Once you have let go of the old, it’s time to set your intentions for this moon cycle. I do this on the night of the New Moon. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do I wish to create over the next month (from New Moon to New Moon)?
- What do I need to allow my creations to come into light?
The Waxing Time
The time between the New and Full Moons is considered the waxing time. This is a perfect time to kick start a project you’ve been putting off, getting your ducks in a row, and get ready for growth. Your focus is sharp, your creativity is in overdrive, and your energy is boundless. Use it!
New Moon in Libra
The scales; balance. Libra is an air sign, and while those born under this sign may tend to be indecisive and people pleasers, they are also fair, diplomatic and like their lives to be ordered and balanced. And they love to dream of all the possibilities, so they are fabulous at seeing things from multiple perspectives.
So what does this mean for working with the New Moon energy? You can add the energy of Libra to your New Moon reflections by asking yourself the following reflective questions:
- Where is my life out of balance?
- What do I need to do to bring balance back into my life?
- Where might I benefit from looking at my challenges from a new perspective?
- What do I dream of? How might I manifest these dreams and make them my reality?
Enjoy working with the New Moon energy in Libra! It should be a reflective time for all of us.