New Moon Energy
The new moon is a time of new beginnings, a time when you plant the seeds you wish to harvest over the next month. Yet, do not neglect to let go of what no longer serves before you plant those seeds. It does no good to plant seeds in a barren desert. So the night before each new moon, in the dark of the moon, I like to hold a release ceremony. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do you need to release before moving forward with this new moon cycle?
- What patterns have you been holding on to that no longer serve?
Once you have let go of the old, it’s time to set your intentions for this moon cycle. I do this on the night of the New Moon. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do I wish to create over the next month (from New Moon to New Moon)?
- What do I need to allow my creations to come into light?
New Moon in Pisces
Ahhh… the Dreamer of the zodiac. Pisces is a water sign, and water rules emotions. As such, Pisceans are very emotional and empathetic. They are spiritual and intuitive and have an innate ability to understand what other people are experiencing. This tends to make them more sensitive to their surroundings as well as other people's emotions. Although they are the dreamers, and they do tend to dream big, they are not always the do-ers of the zodiac. Thus, their big dreams don't always come to fruition because they've moved onto another dream before they finished making the first one come true, which can sometimes lead to frustration! 😉
So what does this mean for working with the New Moon energy? You can add the energy of Pisces to your New Moon reflections by asking yourself the following reflective questions:
- What do I dream of (literally: what are your dreams telling you)? What does this mean to and for me?
- What is my Big Dream? How am I taking steps to fulfill that dream? What’s holding me back?
- Do I have any Big Dreams that I've let go by the wayside? Are those dreams still valid? If so, why have I not pursued them? If not, am I ready to close the door on those dreams and move on?
- How am I getting in my own way?
- Who or what in my life would benefit from a more empathetic approach?
- What is my intuition trying to tell me and why?
Enjoy working with the New Moon energy in Pisces! It should be an intuitive and dreamy time for all of us.