New Moon Energy
The new moon is a time of new beginnings, a time when you plant the seeds you wish to harvest over the next month. Yet, do not neglect to let go of what no longer serves before you plant those seeds. It does no good to plant seeds in a barren desert. So the night before each new moon, in the dark of the moon, I like to hold a release ceremony. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do you need to release before moving forward with this new moon cycle?
- What patterns have you been holding on to that no longer serve?
Once you have let go of the old, it’s time to set your intentions for this moon cycle. I do this on the night of the New Moon. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do I wish to create over the next month (from New Moon to New Moon)?
- What do I need to allow my creations to come into light?
New Moon in Sagittarius
Sagittarius is a fire sign and those born under this sign tend to be a little quick-tempered and direct (they tell it like it is with no sugar coating), but on the other hand they are also very lively, fun, adventurous, and flexible go-with-the-flow kind of people (Sagittarians are not planners by nature). They tend to be more rule breakers than rule makers and they love their freedom.
So what does this mean for working with the New Moon energy? You can add the energy of Sagittarius to your New Moon reflections by asking yourself the following:
- Where have I been holding myself back? How might I need to adapt and change in my life right now? What’s not working for me that could use a little boost of fire energy?
- What is my Soul's Purpose, my Calling in life? What do I need to do right now to get or stay on that path?
- How have the rules I've been operating under served me? How have they held me back? What do I need to let go of moving forward?
- What could use a little more passion in my life? Where am I not allowing myself to have fun and enjoy my life?
- Where do I need to take bold action in my life?
Enjoy working with the Full Moon energy in Sagittarius. It should be a fiery time for all of us!