New Moon Energy
The new moon is a time of new beginnings, a time when you plant the seeds you wish to harvest over the next month. Yet, do not neglect to let go of what no longer serves before you plant those seeds. It does no good to plant seeds in a barren desert. So the night before each new moon, in the dark of the moon, I like to hold a release ceremony. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do you need to release before moving forward with this new moon cycle?
- What patterns have you been holding on to that no longer serve?
Once you have let go of the old, it’s time to set your intentions for this moon cycle. I do this on the night of the New Moon. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do I wish to create over the next month (from New Moon to New Moon)?
- What do I need to allow my creations to come into light?
New Moon in Scorpio
Because Scorpio is a water sign, Scorpios are very emotional, but it tends to lie under the surface. It's the calm before the storm type of feeling. That being said, this sign is encouraging you to find a healthy balance of emotional expression – don't hold it in until you explode! It's okay to feel; you don't have to keep it all in. Emotional expression is a necessary part of life. Scorpios are also very perceptive – they pick up on the small details others might have missed. Scorpios are also very magnetic and passionate, so get ready for your playful and passionate side to come out and play!
What does this mean for working with the New Moon energy? You can add the energy of Scorpio to your New Moon reflections by asking yourself the following reflective questions:
- What could use a little passion in your life right now?
- Where have you been suppressing your emotions or hiding how you feel?
- Where do you feel out of balance emotionally? Either under- or over-expressed?
- Are you paying enough attention to detail? What does your intuition tell you?
- How can you harness your magnetic energy to attract what you want to you?
Enjoy working with the New Moon energy in Scorpio! It should be a passionate, fun time for all of us!