New Moon Energy
The new moon is a time of new beginnings, a time when you plant the seeds you wish to harvest over the next month. Yet, do not neglect to let go of what no longer serves before you plant those seeds. It does no good to plant seeds in a barren desert. So the night before each new moon, in the dark of the moon, I like to hold a release ceremony. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do you need to release before moving forward with this new moon cycle?
- What patterns have you been holding on to that no longer serve?
Once you have let go of the old, it’s time to set your intentions for this moon cycle. I do this on the night of the New Moon. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do I wish to create over the next month (from New Moon to New Moon)?
- What do I need to allow my creations to come into light?
New Moon in Taurus
Taurus is an Earth sign, and Taureans are very practical people. They are patient and carefully deliberate any decisions before making them. They check and double check; assess and reassess before moving forward. They are also very reliable and dependable, and may find themselves taken advantage of as everyone relies on them to get things done. But, they can also be a bit “bull-headed” or stubborn and sometimes cling to old ideals, even if they are not in their best interest. This New Moon is reminding us to get our ducks in a row, decide what we want to toss and what we want to keep moving forward.
So what does this mean for working with the New Moon energy? You can add the energy of Taurus to your New Moon reflections by asking yourself the following questions:
- What is going well and what is not going so well in my life right now?
- Do I feel safe and secure? Is my foundation solid in all areas of my life or do some areas need shoring up?
- What could use a perspective shift in my life? Where have I gotten stuck in my ways?
- What do I want to retain moving forward and what do I want to let go of?
- Am I taking good care of myself? Am I keeping my cup full? If not, what do I most need to do to take better care of me?
- What needs a dose of strength in my life? How can I be my own supporter and comforter?
Enjoy working with the New Moon energy in Taurus! It should be a powerful time for re-assessment so you can gain clarity and take a big leap toward your dreams in 2017!