New Moon Energy
The new moon is a time of new beginnings, a time when you plant the seeds you wish to harvest over the next month. Yet, do not neglect to let go of what no longer serves before you plant those seeds. It does no good to plant seeds in a barren desert. So the night before each new moon, in the dark of the moon, I like to hold a release ceremony. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do you need to release before moving forward with this new moon cycle?
- What patterns have you been holding on to that no longer serve?
Once you have let go of the old, it’s time to set your intentions for this moon cycle. I do this on the night of the New Moon. Some questions to ponder might be:
- What do I wish to create over the next month (from New Moon to New Moon)?
- What do I need to allow my creations to come into light?
New Moon in Virgo
Virgos are meticulous and detail-oriented. Once they find something they like to do, they will research it to death to make sure they do it right. The problem, of course, is that whatever the activity is may cease to be fun, so they may have trouble sticking to it. Virgos also tend to be highly critical, especially of themselves. If you're a Virgo, give yourself, and everyone around you, a break. There is no such thing as perfect. Love yourself just as you are. Go out and have a little fun!
What does this mean for working with the New Moon energy? You can add the energy of Virgo to your New Moon reflections by asking yourself the following reflective questions:
- What is calling you to pay attention to detail right now? What does your Soul say?
- Where have you gotten caught up or lost in the details and find yourself unable to see the forest for the trees?
- Where are you being too hard on yourself? Where do you need to cut yourself some slack or give yourself a break?
- How can you show yourself more love and compassion?
Enjoy working with the New Moon energy in Virgo! It should be a revealing time for all of us!