When I was a child and I lost my step-grandfather to heart disease, my parents gave me a book called The Fall of Freddie the Leaf by Leo Buscalgia. It was a children’s book about death and dying and it gave me some solace to know that although I missed my grandfather, like leaves falling from the tree, we all have our purpose and we all have our time to fall.
Last week marked the 6th anniversary of my father’s death and it left me feeling very emotional, more so than I thought it would. Yet in the midst of loss, there is also a celebration of life.
With 2 months left in 2015, it is also a perfect time for reflection and goal setting for the rest of the year.
So find some quiet time to yourself, grab a pen, and your journal and ponder these questions:
What do I Want to Release?
- What is going on for you right now? What’s working and what’s not working – get clear on the who, what, when, why, and how of everything you are writing down.
- What are you resisting in your life right now? Own your resistance and get to the bottom of it.
- Allow yourself to grieve past hurts, losses, place where you let yourself down.
- Let it go. Forgive yourself. (see video below for my favorite exercise in Forgiveness)
- Figure out what you want and ask universe/God/Goddess for help.
- End in gratitude for yourself for having the courage to do this. For everything you are grateful for in your life right now.
What do I Want to Celebrate?
- What’s going well for you right now?
- What have you accomplished thus far in 2015?
It’s so easy for us to focus on the negative and what we didn’t do or ‘messed up,’ so make sure you do this part of the reflection exercise! You deserve it!
- What lessons have you learned?
- How have you become a better person this year?
- What would you still like to accomplish in 2015?
- What would you like to focus on? How would you like to feel?
For more on forgiveness and letting go, check out today's video:
Let us know how it went in the comments below! If you have things you are struggling with, I invite you to schedule a complimentary Inner Goddess Wisdom session with me to see how I can help. And make sure to grab your Goddess Path to Self-Love and BodyLove 7-piece gift bundle (sign up below) as it is a perfect time for some self-care.