This continues a series of posts on working with Moon energy. Each New Moon and Full Moon, I will post suggestions for working with that archetype and harness the energy of the Moon's cycle.
New Moon Energy
The new moon is a time of new beginnings, a time when you plant the seeds you wish to harvest over the next month. Yet, do not neglect to let go of what no longer serves before you plant those seeds. It does no good to plant seeds in a barren desert.
- What do you need to release before moving forward with this new moon cycle?
- What patterns have you been holding on to that no longer serve?
You may wish to hold a releasing ceremony before setting your intentions for the New Moon. Once you have let go of the old, it’s time to set your intentions for this moon cycle.
- What do I wish to create over the next month (from New Moon to New Moon)?
- What do I need to allow my creations to come into light?
New Moon in Cancer
Contradiction meet Cancer…Cancer meet contradiction. Just when you think you have a Cancer figured out, they do something that surprises you. It's not that they're indecisive; it's just that they want the best of both worlds. On the plus side, Cancers are loyal, dependable, adaptive and highly intuitive; but they can also appear moody (aka, drama queens) and sensitive (because they are so intuitive).
So what does this mean for working with the New Moon energy? You can add the energy of Cancer to your New Moon reflections by asking yourself the following questions:
- Where have I been ignoring my intuition? What is happening that I have not wanted to ‘see'?
- Where have I been indecisive? What's really going on here?
- What is my intuition telling me to create/focus on right now? How would this improve my life?
- Where have I been too rigid/stuck? What might happen if I am more willing to go with the flow?
Enjoy working with the New Moon energy in Cancer! It should be a very intuitive time for all of us.