I love Spring! It's my favorite season. Not only are the flowers blooming and the weather warming, but I just feel more vibrant – as though I am coming out of a deep slumber.
Spring equinox is a time for fertility and planting the seeds, physical and metaphorical, you wish to harvest in Summer. But before we do that, we must first get closure over what we learned in Winter.
Winter is the time to go within, to hibernate, to be still. If you're anything like me, the holidays are often wrought with ‘issues' that make you rethink your life. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not have these ‘issues' from Winter mucking up my time for growth in Spring. So let's do a little release ceremony, shall we?
Getting Closure on Winter
Take out your journal and answer the following questions:
- What issues came up for me in the Winter months that I may have not fully dealt with (e.g., holiday conflict, death of a loved one, fight with your significant other)?
- How has this issue affected my life and the way I see myself?
- What lessons did I learn about myself having been through these experiences?
- What am I ready to release (e.g., what do I not want to carry forward into Spring with me)?
- Is there anything else I feel I need to say or do to get closure on Winter?
Here's the fun part! Take out a new piece of paper and answer these questions:
- What do I want to create in Spring 2015?
- What do I want to have accomplished by Summer 2015?
- What do I want to have accomplished by December 2015?
- What will allow me to accomplish these things?
- How do I want to feel this Spring?
Intention Setting Ritual:
You have two options here (probably more than two, but this is what came to me for now):
1) Burn the closure list, saying, “I bless you and release you into the light” 3 times.
Then burn the embracing list, saying, “Goddess/God/Great Spirit, I ask for your help in meeting my intentions. Please send to me whatever opportunities will help me meet my goals and please take away that which would distract. I embrace my new way of being (say the last sentence 3 times).”
2) Get two helium balloons – one black and one whatever color you prefer that makes you think of Spring. Tie the closure list to the black balloon and release the balloon (and your list) to the sky, saying, “I bless you and release you into the light” 3 times.
Tie the embracing list to the other balloon and release it, saying, “Goddess/God/Great Spirit, I ask for your help in meeting my intentions. Please send to me whatever opportunities will help me meet my goals and please take away that which would distract. I embrace my new way of being (say the last sentence 3 times).”
If you get stuck at any point, call upon the Goddess Ostara for help.
Now go enjoy the first day of Spring!